Llegando a los 3000G
Our next update for Gears of War 4 arrives on Tuesday, March 6th! Here’s a quick look at what’s to come:Core Hammerburst Changes
Last week, we announced that the Hammerburst would be removed as a loadout weapon beginning with this Update. This change is being made to preserve its impactful role as a potent long-range rifle but removing the issue with its over-effectiveness when used by a team of players.
The Hammerburst will now be available as a secondary weapon pickup in Core, much like the Markza, Boltok, Overkill and Retro. Here’s the full list of the maps that will now include Hammerburst pickups along with any weapons they rotate with per round (ordered from first to second).
Avalanche – Boltok / Hammerburst
Blood Drive – Boltok / Hammerburst
Clocktower – Hammerburst replaces Smoke Grenade spawn up top
Diner – Shock Grenade / Hammerburst
Dry Dock – Hammerburst / Boltok
Glory – Shock Grenade / Hammerburst
Gridlock – Hammerburst / Boltok
Harbor – Hammerburst / Boltok
Hotel – Boltok / Hammerburst
Impact Dark – Boltok / Hammerburst
Lift – Hammerburst / Overkill
Mercy – Boltok / Hammerburst
Old Town – Hammerburst / Boltok
Relic – Markza / Hammerburst
11 Brand New Achievements
Our March Update brings 11 brand new achievements to Gears of War 4! For this set, we’ve provided a mix of challenges for Versus players, educational achievements for Horde Players to get better with Classes, and a new style of achievement with School Of ’08 as a potential new direction for Horde achievements.
As part of our objective to provide forward-looking achievements, all achievements below are not retroactive.
- Slaying It (100G) – Get 5,000 kills in Versus Multiplayer from March 2018 onwards (Public Only)
- I’m on Fire! (50G) – Earned 5 kills in Versus Multiplayer with more kills than deaths (Public Only)
- Getting Competitive (50G) - In Versus, win 25 matches in Competitive playlists (Public Only)
- School Of ’08 (25G) – In Private Horde, complete 50 consecutive waves of Horde on Hardcore or higher without the team building any fortifications
- Quick And Dirty (50G) – Complete 25 consecutive waves of Horde Lite or Frenzy
- In and Out (50G) – Complete 25 consecutive waves of Horde Lite or Frenzy on Insane
- Know Your Role: Scout (35G) – As a Scout, pickup 10,000 power during active combat in one Horde match
- Know Your Role: Engineer (35G) – As an Engineer, build 10 fortifications you have an active Card for in one Horde match
- Know Your Role: Heavy (35G) – As a Heavy, add 50 ammo for launchers or Heavy Weapons in a Weapons Locker in one Horde match
- Know Your Role: Sniper (35G) – As a Sniper, headshot 30 Scions, Pouncers, DR-1s or Snipers in one Horde match
- Know Your Role: Soldier (35G) – As a Soldier, kill 40 enemies from cover and have 100 Lancer kills in one Horde match
Full Patch Notes
We’ll be releasing full patch notes with the Update’s release on Tuesday.
On Friday, March 2nd, Competitive 2.6 will be added as a public playlist in matchmaking to test the new settings we announced last week. Additionally, you’ll be able to scrim and test these settings at your leisure by selecting the ‘Competitive Beta’ tuning in Private. For the first weekend of it's release, the Competitive Beta 2.6 playlist will also feature Double XP!
For those who missed it, these latest changes target improving the viability of a number of weapons in your Escalation strategies. Here’s the full list of specific changes that ONLY apply to Competitive 2.6:
- Ammo on Pickup: 4 (was 3)
- Magazine rounds: 40 (was 30)
- Headshot damage: 125% (was 105%)
- Magazine rounds: 6 (was 5)
Note: This change is currently not reflected in the UI, and will be fixed for final Competitive Tuning deployment after the Beta
- Headshot gibs and executions have been re-enabled
- Ammo on Pickup: 12 (was 16)
- Maximum Effective Range Increased by 66.6%
- Short Range increased by 50%
- Medium Range increased by 100%
- Long Range increased by 100%
- Escalation: The Overkill can now be placed as a secondary or centerline weapon