This month, two fan-favorite maps come to life in Gears of War 4: Blood Drive and Clocktower!
Blending together the best of Gears 2’s original take and the Gears 3’s re-imagining, Blood Drive in Gears of War 4 brings back intense, center-map pillar fights with the improved flow of its refined sibling. Spawn at the Diner or the Morgue, then head to the city streets to battle it out over the Longshot and Overkill.
Clocktower also returns to Gears of War 4, re-imagined as the stunning Bank of Bronn as its slowly claimed by the Swarm. The imposing classic Gears architecture brings back memories of the battles you know and love, from the intense close-quarters combat in the lower streets to the Lancer-heavy crossfire at the Bank entrance.
Both maps are available to Season Pass holders in the Developer Playlist today (including Double XP and 20% more Credits), and will be available for free for everyone in Public Play starting January 17th! We'll announce the new map rotation next week when these maps arrive in Public Play for all.
Season Pass Series 2 Airdrop and Weekly Bounties
Since release, we’ve been working on adding even more value for our Gears of War 4 Season Pass Holders. Beginning in December, we added a Double XP and a 20% Credit Earn boost to the Developer Playlist to give Season Pass holders more every month.
Today, we’re excited to announce the Series 2 Airdrop for Season Pass holders! Coming this January, this special Season Pass Airdrop is loaded with twenty Gear Packs containing sixty random cards from the Series 2 Characters and Weapon Skins, giving you a head start on building your new collection of content.
This new Airdrop will be awarded on January 13th to anyone who has purchased the Gears of War 4 Season Pass, and instantly to any new Season Pass holders from that date onward. In addition, Season Pass holders will also now be able to log in and claim a bonus Bounty Gear Pack every Friday!
Over the holiday break we received a good mountain of feedback from the community regarding pricing on our premium packs (specifically UIR packs). I mentioned during the break that we were going to have a sit down with our live operations and business teams who manage these items. We wanted to relay feedback from the community over from during the break. This meeting occurred and we have some changes that will be coming to Gear Packs.
With Series 2 cards now hitting the game (Title Update 3), we will be adjusting and changing some of the Gear packs which contain Series 2 cards. We will also be adjusting and changing all future premium content packs as well. You can find the changes below.
Horde and Versus Boosters - 400 credits or $.99
- We've seen some positive comments since we adjusted these values late last year and we are going to stay consistent with those changes.
Operations Packs - 800 Credits or $1.99 (Formerly 1000 Credits or $1.99)
- We have adjusted credit values to better align with Horde and Versus Booster values for Operations Packs.
Elite Packs - 2000 Credits or $4.99 (Formerly 3500 Credits or $4.99)
- We have brought the credit values significantly down on the Elite Packs to better align with the above packs. Players will now have an easier time obtaining these with credits. We have also re-tuned Elite Packs to offer better rewards and results.
Community Packs - 400 Credits or $.99
- These packs will stay at the current pricing for future events. These packs are similar to our Gearsmas packs.
eSports Packs - No Credit Value and $9.99
- These packs are meant to help benefit the eSports programs and our prize pools. We will continue to keep these at their current price point to help drive additional prize pool and event funding.
Feature Packs - 2000 Credits or $4.99 (Formerly 4400 Credits or $9.99)
- This one is the big change. Future Feature Packs will now have a much lower credit and dollar value cost. We are wanting to make sure these are obtainable by those in their limited availability windows. For reference, Feature Packs are packs that contain new content and sold in special packs (ie: UIR Packs were a Feature Pack)
We are also looking at future ways of bundling Feature Packs and Community Packs. For example, if you buy four Feature Packs for $19.99, you will receive one pack for free. We are hoping to have this ready in time for the next big content release.
We also saw a good amount of feedback regarding Feature Packs feeling a bit of a dud with emblems. We are going to make some improvements to emblem drops in these packs so players won't see multiple emblems in the same pack.
These changes will take affect with all new packs starting with the Series 2 release. For the time being, we plan on keeping existing packs at their old prices but we may tweak these in the future.
Thanks for all the feedback over the past few months. We will be the first to admit that we aren't always perfect and we aren't always going to nail things but the feedback (though harsh!) is incredibly valuable in helping shape the best possible system for everyone.